Saturday, January 4, 2020

Cut It Up - Challenge #190

The current challenge at Cut It Up is to make a white on white card with just a pop of color, and as always, to include a die cut.


For my card, I used my Cricut and an image from A Child's Year cartridge.  I created a rectangle frame in Design Space and welded the snowman image to it.  The background was embossed with a snowflake embossing folder, and then I added some red and orange cardstock scraps behind the snowman for a pop of color.  It doesn't show up well in the photo, but I added a dusting of clear glitter over the diecut image for just a bit of sparkle.  I tend to get focused on using stamps for Christmas cards, so it's a nice change to use diecut images instead.



3 comments:

Treva said...

Love your snowman card and the pop of color is one of my favorites!

Thank you for joining us at Cut it Up for white w/a pop of color challenge.

-Treva
https://scrappint.blogspot.com/

Rachelle Oltean said...

Hi Brenda! This is such a beautiful card and so well-designed for our challenge! I really like the strategically placed 'pops' of color and the scene you have created has so much depth - really nice job on this project! Thanks so much for joining us over at Cut It Up!
Rachelle - DT@CIU

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

Wow! That color really does pop off that white! Such an adorable image, and I love the snowy background.

Thanks for sharing your White on White with a Pop of Color project with us at Cut it Up. Have a happy, crafty new year!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com