Sunday, March 22, 2020

Jingle Belles "fa la la la la" challenge

The current challenge at Jingle Belles is to create project incorporating music in some fashion - Christmas music, musical instrument, song title, etc.

For my card, I used an older stamp set from Stampendous called "Nativity Carol".


I stamped the music on light kraft cardstock with Taylored Expressions Toffee ink, then stamped the nativity scene slightly below and over part of the music image, using Catherine Pooler's Icing on the Cake ink first, Versamark ink second, and heat embossing with chestnut embossing powder.

While I've used the nativity scene image from this stamp set before, I never knew what to do with the music stamp.  This challenge inspired me to try putting the two together.   Thanks, Jingle Belles!



2 comments:

Lorraine said...

A beautiful image. Lovely card!

lauren bergold said...

well oh my gosh i think you TOTALLY know what to do with the music stamp now! what a beautiful monochrome card... so elegant... thanks for FA-LA-LA-ing along with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥