Sunday, March 1, 2020

Merry Little Christmas March 2020 challenge!

It's a new month and a new challenge at Merry Little Christmas Challenge blog!   For my card this month, I used the double time or stacked stamping technique.


I used the Concord & 9th Deck the Halls Turnabout stamp for all the background stamping.  To start with, I stamped the image in sepia ink onto a kraft cardstock piece.  Then I stamped the image in multiple colors onto white cardstock.  I trimmed the stamped white cardstock piece slightly smaller than the kraft cardstock, then cut a rectangle out of the center.  That rectangle was matted onto a slightly larger piece of kraft cardstock, aligned back up to the larger stamped white cardstock piece and adhered.   The sentiment is from Taylored Expressions Christmas sentiment strip stamp set.  I added a few silver and gold crystal stickers to the stamped image for a little bit of sparkle.  This technique added some nice dimension to your card without adding a lot of bulk, which is especially nice for cards that will be going in the mail.

We'd love to see your creations at the Merry Little Christmas challenge blog.  You can enter any type of project you like, as long as it's Christmas or winter holiday themed.  The challenge is open all month, so I hope you get a chance to join in!


No comments: