Sunday, June 7, 2020

Jingle Belles "Trim the Tree" challenge

It's been a couple of months since I've played along with the Jingle Belles challenges, so I was glad to have time to play along with the new challenge - use ribbon, lace, trims, etc. on your card.

This card didn't end up like I originally envisioned.  The Santa in the frame just looked too stark, so I just kept adding some layers until everything came together.


I've had the gold Christmas tree fabric trim in my stash for a long time, so it was nice to finally use some of it.  I cut two small pieces to layer on the top and bottom behind the Santa, and then cut one single tree for the bottom left corner, along with a gold ribbon bow.  The sentiment and music background are Tim Holtz ephemera.  The Santa image is a vintage German Santa diecut that I've had for at least 10 years.  I bought a package of about six of these and now I'm down to my last two; guess I've been hoarding them, lol!  



2 comments:

SmilynStef said...

what a perfect gold bow ... so very glad you shared your ribbon-creation with us at jingle belles.

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh, you sound like me, i just keep adding layers until i love my card! (this is why the PO loves me too lol!) :) that little perfect golden bow is a very cool finishing touch! thanks for joining our ribbon fun at JINGLE BELLES!