Sunday, August 9, 2020

August challenge at Christmas Cards All Year Round

The August challenge at Christmas Cards All Year Round is to use Fall colors on your Christmas project.  This is something different for me, because I tend to stick with traditional Christmas colors for the most part.  Here's my card for the challenge.


I used the Grunge Dots stencil from It's a Colorful Life Designs and Toffee Ink from Taylored Expressions for the background.   The image and sentiment are from Stampers Anonymous.  I stamped them with sepia ink and then again with embossing ink and used Brutus Monroe's Penny embossing powder, which is a great copper color.   I added in some green and gold colored pencil shading to the pine bought image, just to give a hint of color, and then matted the whole thing onto brown shimmer cardstock.  Every now and then it's fun to work with a challenge that makes you think a little outside the box.  Thanks for stopping by my blog!



2 comments:

Martina said...

Really beautiful card, Brenda. Thanks for joining us in CCAYR challenge. Hope you will participate in our next challenge. Martina-DT

Chrissy said...

So beautiful Brenda, gorgeous card and colours..
Thank you so much for sharing and joining in with us at CCAYR...[ Christmas Crafts All Year Round]

Luv CHRISSYxx