Sunday, August 1, 2021

Our August challenge at Merry Little Christmas Challenge blog

 It's August first - a new month and time for another challenge at Merry Little Christmas challenges!

My card for this month's challenge was inspired by an online class I took from Chelsea Comer, as part of the Stamp Me Some Love Academy.  In this class, she showed how to use magnets to attach an ornament to a Christmas card, so you end up with a card and a little ornament gift.  So cool!   I had used this technique years ago but completely forgot about it and was so glad that Chelsea's class reminded me!

Here's my card, with the ornament attached and without it attached.


I created the card first, doing some masking to get the Santa, reindeer, tree and gift bag all together.  Those images were all colored with Copic markers, and then I added some torn cardstock for the snowy hills, and sponged in a little bit of blue ink for the background.  The stamped and colored piece was adhered to the front of the card, with a magnet placed between the layers.  I stamped and colored the Santa and deer image for the ornament, along with fussy cutting a matching image for the back.  Those layers were adhered together with a magnet and hanging cord between.  I used some of the thin Basic Gray magnets that I've had forever, but you can buy magnets from Chelsea's store if you don't have any thin magnets.

We'd love to see your projects this month at the Merry Little Christmas Challenge blog!   You have all month to join in the fun!.  






1 comment:

LOU said...

Gorgeous card and ornament Brenda - awesome idea.
Lou xo