Monday, April 18, 2022

ABC Christmas Challenges - H & I challenge

 This month ABC Christmas challenges is hosting an "H and I" challenge.   You have the choice of using H for "ho ho ho" or I for inky.   I went with the inky challenge for this card.


I used an old technique on this one - wax paper resist.  You use an embossing folder on wax paper, then iron that onto some glossy cardstock.  The wax melts into the paper, so when you apply ink over the top, the embossed design looks like a resist pattern.  I used a Darice embossing folder on this one and Distress Oxide ink.  I added some embossed snowflakes, a greeting, and some silver snowflake stickers.  It was fun to revisit this technique!  I made a couple of other backgrounds that will go on cards later.




4 comments:

Wendy said...

What a cool technique! I haven’t tried that one yet. The background effect is beautiful and so is your finished card. Thank you for sharing it and playing along with ABC Christmas Challenge ~ Wendy

Mummylade said...

The result of your technique is gorgeous! Thank you so much for joining us at ABC Christmas
challenge

Inkyfingers said...

What an awesome technique, Brenda, and one that is new to me! You have created a perfect background for your lovely snowflakes and this is a gorgeous creation.
Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenges.

Helen said...

Beautiful card - love the icy blue!
Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x