Sunday, June 26, 2022

Tic Tac Toe Challenge #167

 Here is the board for Tic Tac Toe's Challenge #167



I went with the bottom row of metallic, gems and patterned paper.  I used metallic gold and brownb papers and a peachy gold polka dot patterned paper.


Last week I purchased one of the mystery boxes from Simon Says Stamp, as part of their effort to raise fund for the Huntington's Disease Society of Central Ohio.  One of the items I received was a hot foil floral die with a matching outline die.  I don't have a hot foil system, but had recently seen a video by Victoria Calvin where she used ThermoWeb's Transfer Gel on a stamp, so I tried out that technique on a hot foil die.  Using a sponge dauber, I sponged a little bit of the transfer gel onto the hot foil die and ran it through my die cutting machine.  Then I let the piece dry for about an hour, placed the DecoFoil over top and ran it through my die cut machine again to add pressure and transfer the foil.  Once that was done, I used the outline die to cut the floral image.  The foil transfer is a little sketchy, so I probably didn't get enough gel on it, but I kinda like the look, and I'm happy to find a way to use this elegant floral die.  




2 comments:

Stef Perry said...

Such a pretty card with the peachy tones and all the gold! Sounds like a fun experiment to try foiling that way and the flower still looks pretty even if it didn't turn out quite like you wanted. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge!

Claire Broadwater said...

Oh , this is gorgeous! Love the gold foil and the gorgeous flowers. Such a pretty card! So happy you joined us at The TTTC this week!