Friday, July 1, 2022

Mix It Up Challenge #60

 This is my first post as a design team member for the Mix It Up Challenge Blog!   This blog has a new challenge every six weeks and it's always anything goes with an optional theme.  Projects can be cards, tags, scrapbook pages, any type of paper project.

The optional theme for Challenge #60 is "clean and simple".  My project is a scrapbook page that uses very minimal products:  6x6 papers, washi tape and Thickers/alphabet stickers.


I started with a white 12x12 cardstock base, then chose four coordinating 6x6 papers and trimmed them down to 5x5.  Those papers were adhered to the center of the white cardstock, leaving a tiny bit of space between each block.  I printed three 3x4" photos and matted them on black cardstock cut to 3.25" x 4.25".  Those were adhered to the center corners of the paper pieces, using foam adhesive so there is a little dimension.  On the top right block, I used a 3x4 journaling card, also matted on black cardstock. That card holes the title and some journaling.  As a final touch, I used small pieces of washi tape on one edge of each paper block, starting at top left and going clockwise.

This is a simple design that adds some movement to the layout but still leaves the photos center stage.  It's a good way to use those 6x6 papers, or paper or cardstock scraps, too.

I hope you get a chance to join in the Mix It Up Challenge over the next few weeks.  We'd love to see your projects!  




2 comments:

Becca Sadler said...

Brenda: Congrats on being added as a DT for Mix It Up. I'm also new to the team! You've selected 4 terrific colorfully varied patterned papers to go with your photo story! Excellent layout!

R's Rue said...

I love this so much. Regine
www.rsrue.blogspot.com