Sunday, January 1, 2023

Mix It Up Challenge Blog - Challenge #63

 It's a new year and time for the first Mix It Up Challenge of 2023!   The optional twist for this challenge is No Stamping!  That can be a real challenge when making cards.

For my card, I used stencils and die cuts - no stamps involved, lol!


For the background, I applied white texture paste through a confetti stencil.  After removing the stencil, I sprinkled gold embossing powder over the texture paste and heat embossed.  I set that aside for a couple of hours to make sure the texture paste had set up and then adhered to the front of the card.  I diecut the "Hooray!" sentiment three times from violet cardstock and once from gold cardstock, then stacked and adhered them together to get some dimension before adhering them to the embossed background.   Lots of shine and texture on this one!

I hope you get a chance to join in the Mix It Up Challenge blog over the next few weeks.  We'd love to see your creations!


1 comment:

HilaryJane said...

This is so bold and beautiful, love it. I am amazed that your background looks so bold and clean if you have used texture paste and then embossed. If it was me I would have one big mess! xx