Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Mix It Up Challenge Blog - Challenge #64 - Distress

 Time for a new challenge at the Mix It Up Challenge blog.  This time the challenge is distressing - either using distress inks or distressing some elements on your project.

Here's my card for the challenge, using Distress Inks.


For my card, I applied Wild Honey and Spiced Marmalade Distress Inks directly to white cardstock, giving a solid coat of color.  Then I sprayed water onto the inked cardstock and laid a stencil over the top.  I added another piece of white cardstock over the stencil and ran the sandwich through my diecut machine a couple of times.  The water removed part of the ink and the stencil left a lightly embossed impression on the cardstock.  I just added a diecut and stamped sentiment a few tiny gold crystals.

I hope you get a chance to join in this challenge at the Mix It Up Challenge blog.  Remember, you have six weeks to join in.   We'd love to see your projects!


No comments: