Monday, May 1, 2023

Mix It Up Challenge Blog #65 - Embossing

 Time for a new challenge at the Mix It Up Challenge Blog!   This time the challenge is all about embossing - either dry embossing or heat embossing.

I used dry embossing on my project, but with a little twist.  Instead of using an embossing folder, I used a coverplate die for the embossing.  Here's the die that I used.  For my machine, I used a silicone embossing mat instead of one of the normal cutting plates.  This gave me am embossed background instead of a diecut background.


Since the background was embossed, the dots in the pattern were raised up instead of cut out.  When I added the sequins to the background, I applied them cupside down so they would fit over the embossed dots better.  The floral spray was colored with Copics and then applied with foam tape. 


I hope you get a chance to play along with our embossing challenge.  We'd love to see your projects!

 






No comments: