Friday, September 1, 2023

Mix It Up Challenge #67 - create your own background

Here we are at the first of September, and time for a new challenge at the Mix It Up Challenge Blog!   This is Challenge #67 and the challenge is to create your own background.

For my card, I used an inking/dry embossing technique that Jennifer McGuire shared a couple of months ago.  You can find her tutorial here.


The background was made by inking the raised side of the Tim Holtz leafy embossing folder with gold pigment, inserting brown cardstock inside the embossing folder and running it through my diecut machine.  Then I brayered dark brown ink over the top.  Since the gold ink is down into the debossed areas, the dark brown ink hit the raised areas to create more dimension.  The title was cut with my Cricut out of cardstock and gold foil, and then I added some stamped and diecut leaves and a few copper dots.

I hope you get a chance to join in with Mix It Up Challenge #67.  We would love to see how you create backgrounds for your cards or projects!




No comments: