Friday, March 1, 2024

Mix It Up Challenge - Fancy Folds

 Here we are at the first of March and it's time for another Mix it Up Challenge!   This time our challenge is to use a fancy fold on your card or project.  I'll admit that I tend to stick with regular size/fold cards, so I searched around to find a fun fold for this month's challenge.

I ended up making a double Z-fold card.  If you search, you'll find a lot of tutorials for this type of card.  I combined a few of the ones I saw to make this card.  Rather than list instructions, here is a link to a good tutorial by Meg Lovens. Nothing's Better Than Chocolate, Coffee and Cocktails - LovenStamps



Here's a view of the card when it is folded shut.


Here's another view of the card.  I think the overhead shot helps explain how the card goes together.


I would suggest stamping the greeting and signing the card before you attach the z-fold strip.  Of course, you could always add a greeting and signature on the back if you prefer.  I used score tape to secure the z-fold strip to the card base, and also used two diecut ovals behind the stamped image just to make everything more sturdy.  

We look forward to seeing your fancy fold projects this month, so please join us at the Mix It Up Challenge blog!






1 comment:

*Vicki* said...

Such a cute card! Adore the bunny!