Monday, July 1, 2024

Mix It Up Challenge for July - August

Hard to believe it's already July - this year is going quickly!  It's time for a new challenge at Mix It Up Challenges Mix It Up Challenges and this one is a doozy!  For this challenge, you are to use veggie stamping - yes, you read that right - stamping with some type of vegetable instead of your rubber stamps.

This one had me stymied for a bit.  The only veggie stamping I'd ever done was many years ago, when you learned how to cut an image out of a potato and use it to stamp.  This time, though, I switched from potatoes to peppers for my stamping.  


I buy small sweet peppers for salads, so I cut the top stem portion off one of the peppers and dabbed it onto some ink pads.  This made the splotchy, wonky circle images.  The I dabbed the edge of the pepper top in another color and rolled it onto the paper.  This made some curvy line images.  Here are the cards I made from some of the stamped pieces above:


The images on the peach and green card were stamped, colored and diecut, while the image on the blue green card was stamped directly over the background stamping, and then colored in with gel tints. I don't think anyone would guess that the backgrounds were stamped with peppers, do you?  😄

We look forward to the creative ways you use vegetables in your stamping projects this month!  You have until August 15th to join in the fun.  







1 comment:

Rachel said...

Very cool with the peppers! So creative!