Thursday, September 10, 2026

Christmas Eve Flight

 The current challenge at Christmas Kickstart is all about reindeer.  What better way to showcase reindeer than to show them pulling Santa's sleigh on Christmas Eve.


I played around with a few techniques on this card, not knowing if it would turn out or not.  First, I ink blended the background with shades of blue and violet ink.  Then I stamped the city and trees in black and embossed with clear embossing powder.  I embossed the moon in gold, but it ended up too bold for the scene, so I adhered a vellum circle over the top to tone it down a bit.  Santa and the reindeer were stamped in black and embossed in clear, and then I added a few tiny stars to the sky.  I spread some Taylored Expressions Glitter Grab along the bottom of the scene and added tinsel and crystal glitter to create the snowy ground.  All the stamps are from Visible Image's Christmas Eve stamp set.


No comments: