Saturday, December 28, 2013

December Memories

Well, it's the end of December....Christmas is over and we're almost at a new year.  I hope you all had a very merry Christmas and have plenty of great photos to scrap!  Today it's my turn to share a project on the Frosted Designs blog.

If you're like us, December is such a busy month that sometimes some of the little (but still very special) moments get lost in the shuffle.  While all the events of the month were still fresh in my mind, I made a page about some of these little moments I want to remember.  There weren't photos to go along with most of these, so I chose some of the random December photos that might not otherwise make it onto a page, but still show some happy December times.

 
 
I used several items from the Frosted Designs store for this page:   paper from the Crate Paper "Bundled Up" 12x12 paper pack, alphabet stickers from the Bo Bunny "Elf Magic" collection and star confetti from Um Wow Studio. 
 
One thing I really like about the Crate Paper "Bundled Up" collection is that some of the papers have little elements to cut out as embellishments:  banners, tags, borders, journaling blocks and word blocks.  I used two of the little banners for my bottom border, and fussy cut the banner sentiment for an added embellishment.   Often I paint the star confetti pieces, but this time I left them their natural wood color and just added some silver glitter.  Note:  I love the Aleene's Fast Grab Tacky Glue for attaching these tiny pieces or any embellishment.  It holds well and dries very quickly.  I just used a toothpick to dab a little glue on the stars.
 

Here's a closeup of some of the glittery stars.  I used a small paintbrush and some glue to add some glitter to the banner sentiment, too.   Most of the time I'm not a big glitter user because it's so messy (or maybe I'm just messy with it!) but Christmas projects just call out for some extra sparkle!

I hope you all have a happy New Year, and take some time to scrap some of your December memories.

No comments: