Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Watercolor Christmas card

I ordered the Tim Holtz/Simon Says Stamp Stamptember set a couple of weeks ago and had a chance to play with it a little bit over the weekend.  For this card, I stamped the holly image three times in the upper left corner and once in the lower right corner, letting part of the image stamp off the card front.  I used Distress Oxide inks to watercolor the holly images and apply a light wash of blue over the rest of the card front.

Sentiment: Right at Home stamps, Ranger watercolor paper, Ranger super fine detail gold embossing powder

The sentiment was stamped in gold ink, then again in Versamark and embossed in gold.  I added a little bit of gold embossing to the edges, also.  Watercolor isn't something I'm good at, but I think the holly images lent themselves to that medium.

I'm entering this in these challenges:
Crafyt Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge - anything goes if it/s Christmas
Winter Wonderland - anything goes if it's Christmas
52 Christmas Card Throwdown - coloring challenge



2 comments:

AlisonC said...

I love this understated look. The like the holly and it really suits this layout. Thanks for joining in at 52CCT

Carol S. said...

A great card and love the holly. Thanks fob joining us at Winter Wonderland Challenge and hope you join us again. Carol S. DT