Monday, October 1, 2018

Time for the October challenge at Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog!

It's time for a new challenge at the Merry Little Christmas Challenge blog!   As always, it's anything goes as long as it's Christmas themed.

For this month's challenge, I made two eclipse cards, using different techniques on each.  You probably have seen eclipse cards on Pinterest or blogs, since they are pretty popular this year.  The idea is to have a word or image that blends in with your background, but that is popped up for some dimension so just a tiny bit of the backing paper shows.



For my first card, I used patterned paper for the background.   I used my Cricut for the diecutting, centering the letters for "MERRY" in a 4" x 5.25" rectangle, and then letting my Cricut do the cutting.




The background was adhered to a slightly larger piece of red cardstock, and the letters were adhered with foam tape for dimension.  The inside portions of the two "R's" were just adhered flat to the backing cardstock.  (That's an important note if you are diecutting letters or words - keep the inside portions of the letters!)  I stamped "Christmas" and adhered it below the die cut word.

For the second card, I stamped some snowflakes and a sentiment on white cardstock, then diecut some snowflakes over part of the sentiment and stamped snowflakes.

Stamps & dies: Cas-ual Fridays Stamps - Ink: Catherine Pooler

Since the snowflake images were so fine, I didn't try to use foam tape to pop them up.  Instead, I die cut two more snowflakes from heavy white cardstock and adhered those to the first die cut images and then adhered them to the card.  

I hope you'll give the eclipse technique a try, if you haven't already.  Make sure to enter any Christmas project you make into this month's challenge @ Merry Little Christmas Challenge blog.
We'd love to see your work!









1 comment:

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

A couple of really, pretty Christmas cards, Brenda.
I love that eclipse technique.
xxx