Sunday, December 1, 2019

Easy Christmas Cards with Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog

It's December 1st at the Merry Little Christmas Challenge blog, so we're down to crunch time now when it comes to making Christmas cards.  I thought it would be a good time to share some easy cards, that started with some journaling cards, or 4x4 and 4x6 elements from patterned paper collections.


As much as we all love taking time to make Christmas cards, with the stamping and coloring and embossing and folding and everything else, sometimes you just need to make some quick cards.  For these cards, I pulled some patterned paper sheets that had 4x4 or 4x6 elements on them, cut the pieces apart and added some sequins or glitter cardstock to finish them off.

On the back row, left to right:   the wreath was fussy cut from a 4x4 element, adhered with foam tape for dimension, then I added a sentiment strip.  The merry & bright card was a 4x4 element, with just some tiny gems added.  The ornament card was a 3x4 element that I matted with a die cut scallop rectangle back.  I punched a 2" circle from some glitter paper to fill in the ornament center.

The front two cards used some 6x4 elements, that I trimmed down to fit a standard A2 card front.  I just added some matting or patterned paper backing, center sequins to the snowflake, and snowflake sequins to the happy holidays card. 

It probably took me a little over half an hour to make all five cards. They may not be fancy, but they still have some Christmas cheer and sparkle! (and no stress involved, lol!)

I hope you'll have some time to join us this month at the Merry Little Christmas Challenge blog.  We would love to see your December creations!



No comments: