Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Coloring Challenge Road Trip Class - Day 1

I signed up for the Coloring Challenge Road Trip class with Kathy Racoosin at Online Card Classes.  The first class is about freeing up your options for choosing colors, and blending light, medium and dark shades.  Kathy also talked about adding details with colored pencils after doing the marker coloring. 

The stamp I used for my practice piece is from Gina K.  It's actually a little small for a first try at floral coloring, but I gave it a go anyway! 


The image was colored with Copic markers V12, V04 and V17 for the flowers and YG11, YG63 and YG67 for the leaves with just a little bit of E50 in various spots to add some contrast.  After coloring the image with markers I added some emphasis with colored pencils in purple on the flowers and brown on the leaves.  This should make a nice addition to a card.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Hey Brenda!! I love how your flower turned out so striking and so beautiful. Great job on leafing a sweet spot. I hope you are happy with it cause it's a beauty. So proud of you!

Lorna S. said...

I am not a purple lover, but OMGosh - you did a fabulous job with the color blending. I love the depth and softness you achieved. I would be thrilled to receive a card like this - yes, even in the purples. I say bravo!