Saturday, February 1, 2020

Merry Little Christmas February 2020 challenge

Wow, we're already into the second month of 2020!  Time for a new challenge at Merry Little Christmas Challenge blog.  

I did some heat embossing on my card for this month's challenge.  Somehow I've accumulated a lot of different embossing powders, but I tend to stick with clear, gold or silver most of the time so I challenge myself to try some different embossing powders this month.


The images are all from The Magic of Christmas stamp set from Simon Says Stamp.  I started by stamping the pine boughs and holly with embossing ink and then using green glitter embossing powder from WOW.   The poinsettia was stamped on a separate piece of white cardstock using Memento Scarlet ink and then I stamped the image again with embossing ink.  Thank goodness for the Misti stamping tool; it makes double stamping sooo much easier!  After stamping with the embossing ink, I used clear sparkle embossing powder and heat set it.  That didn't add any color, just some iridescent sparkle.  I did just a little bit of coloring on the poinsettia with colored pencils, and adhered it over the background with adhesive in the center and some clear dimensional adhesive around the edges.  After that, I added some gold crystal centers and some red gems to the holly.   The sentiment was stamped with embossing ink and embossed with gold detail embossing powder.  I think you could mass produce this card fairly easily.  The only thing that took some time was fussy cutting the poinsettia.

You have all month to join us at Merry Little Christmas Challenges, so I hope you'll join us and post your creations.  It's always an "anything goes" challenge as long as it's Christmas/winter related.



No comments: