Friday, July 24, 2020

Challenge #164 - The Library Challenges

 Here is the current book for the Library Challenge:

RHS Miniature Garden Grower By Holly Farrell

I will be the first to admit that I do NOT have a green thumb, so the contents of this book wouldn't really appeal to me, but I loved the little glassed in garden on the cover so used that for my inspiration.


The flowers and pots are from Art Impressions, part of their watercolor stamp collection.  I colored and stamped with Tombox markers and then pulled color into the images with water and a fine paint brush.  Watercolor is a hard technique to me, because I don't do well with "messy", lol!   Sometimes, though, you have to challenge yourself to try something new.  

1 comment:

Marina said...

The watercolouring looks gorgeous - so delicate and precise - and the dome effect makes it spot-on for the book. Thanks for joining The Library.