Friday, November 5, 2021

Holiday Card Workshop Day 4

 The day 4 class from the Holiday Card Workshop had to do with using gel plates, embossing folders, and paint to create cards.  My gel plate is round and not big enough for a whole card front, so I had to experiment a little to find a way to use it.


For the card on the left, I die cut a circle from patterned paper large enough to allow most of the gel plate painted image to show through.  I added acetate to the back and adhered with foam tape to turn this into a shaker card.  For the card on the right, I dipped the embossed card front into the paint on the gel plate a few times in different areas to get more coverage.  I just added a diecut deer, sentiment, and a few snowflake sequins to finish it off.  Definitely a different style of card for me, but sometimes it's nice to try different techniques!




No comments: