Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Merry Little Christmas Challenge - December 2021

 Can you believe that December is already here?  Just a few more weeks until Christmas day!  And of course, a new month means a new challenge at the Merry Little Christmas challenge blog.  

This month I made a few ornaments for our tree, using Ball jar lid rings as a base.


I used two techniques on these ornaments.  The top ornament with the blue background is built from the bottom up, so it has more of a shadowbox dimension.   I adhered a cardstock circle to the inside of the jar ring, then added a piece of quilt batting for the "snow", a Christmas tree sticker (adhered with foam tape), and a Tim Holtz deer (adhered with glue dots).  I added some Distress Mica Flakes around the bottom of the ornament and a few gold Stickles dots to the background. 

The other three ornaments don't have the dimension of the first one, but they do have more sparkle.  I started out by using alcohol ink to color the jar rings, then I cut cardstock circles and adhered to the inside of the jar lid.  I added a circle of quilt batting and another cardstock circle behind that, so the patterned paper layer is flush with the top of the ring.  On the two patterned paper ornaments, I added glue and Distress Clear Rock Candy glitter over the top of the paper.  For the scripture ornament, I used a transparency backed with gold glitter paper.

I hope you get a chance to do some crafting this December.  If you do, please link your projects to the Merry Little Christmas challenge blog, as we'd love to see your projects!








No comments: