Thursday, September 1, 2022

Mix It Up Challenge Blog - Challenge #61

 Time for a new challenge at the Mix It Up Challenge Blog!  As always, this is an "anything goes" challenge with an optional twist.  This time around, the twist is to use ink smooshing on your project.  This is a great technique that can be used with so many different mediums.  This month I played with two different mediums for my cards.


I used Ranger watercolor cardstock for the base on both panels.  For the card on the left, I used Distress Oxide inks in Frayed Burlap, Fossilized Amber and Fired Brick.  I smooshed the ink pads on my glass mat, spritzed with water and then dragged the watercolor cardstock through the inks a few times.  Once the panel was dry, I die cut the wreath and leaves. 

The card on the right was done with Distress Mica Stain sprays in Jack O Lantern, Antiqued Bronze and Flickering Candle.  I also added a bit of regular Distress Spray in Wild Honey and some drops of Lawn Fawn's Liquid Stardust.  These were all sprayed on a glass mat, spritzed with water and then applied to the cardstock just like the first panel.  You can see that the Distress Oxide inks give a softer look, while the Mica sprays are more vibrant and have a nice shimmer to them.

I hope you get a chance to play along with the Mix It Up Challenge this month.  We'd love to see what you "smoosh up" this month!   Thanks for stopping by!









No comments: