Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Jingle Belles "Embossable You" challenge

 The current challenge at Jingle Belles is all about embossing - either heat embossing or dry embossing with a folder.  I ended up using both techniques on my card.

embossing folder (spellbinders)  sentiment (Simon Says Stamp)

I used watercolor cardstock and a poinsettia embossing folder to create the card front, then painted the embossed portions lightly with metallic watercolors.  The sentiment was stamped and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  I really love the texture from this embossing folder!  


3 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

This is lovely, Brenda, such soft and careful colour work, Jo x

SmilynStef said...

love your softly painted texture and how your embossed sentiment just pops ... so very glad you got *embossable* with us at Jingle Belles.

lauren bergold said...

Hhhhhhh how lovely! Such a clever and impressive technique and I don't think I've ever seen it done BETTER than this! Gorgeous! So pleased you could Emboss Like a Boss with us at Jingle Belles!