Monday, May 13, 2024

Jingle Belles Cardstock Christmas challenge

 The current challenge at Jingle Belles is to create a card using cardstock only - no patterned paper.  I just learned a new (to me) technique at Simon Says Stamp's Create event last weekend, so this was the perfect opportunity to try it out.  Here's my card for the challenge:


The foliage background was an embossing folder that came with a matching die.  I embossed the background on green cardstock, then ink blended over the top with a darker green ink.  After that, I lightly swiped a white pigment ink pad over the raised areas of the embossed image.  I did the same technique to the diecut leafy branch and adhered it with foam tape.  I added a little chunky glitter to a few of the berry clusters, and a sentiment stamped with gold metallic ink. It's amazing how much the ink blending and that swipe of white ink add to the embossed image.



2 comments:

SmilynStef said...

What a cool technique ... you rocked it ... so very glad you joined our Cardstock Christmas at Jingle Belles.

lauren bergold said...

What a beautiful take on that super-cool Technique (which i have instantly added to my Must Try list)! So pleased you could join our Cardstock Christmas fun at Jingle Belles!