Time for a new month and a new challenge at Mix It Up Challenge Blog. This month it's all about embossing - heat embossing or dry embossing, your choice.
I used dry embossing on my card, but with a little twist, using a technique from Simon Hurley's YouTube series back in the spring.
Using the Simon Says Stamp Wildflower Field embossing folder, I embossed the image on white cardstock. Then I turned the embossed image over, so the debossed (indented) side was facing up. I used a brayer and lightly rolled some Lunar Paste over the debossed image. The paste covered the flat side of the image without going down into the debossed areas. This left the florals in white with the shimmery background in blue. Once this dried, I used a scalloped rectangle die to cut the image and attached it to a card front with thin foam tape. I added a foiled sentiment to finish off the card.
I hope you find some time over the next six weeks to join in our challenge. We would love to see which technique you choose and what you create!

No comments:
Post a Comment