Sunday, August 23, 2026

52 Christmas Card Throwdown - August technique challenge

 The technique challenge for this month at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown is to create a fracture card. You can see a tutorial for this technique on the 52CCT blog.


Sometimes called a shutter card, this technique involves a shaped centerpiece (typically a square or diamond), a pattern paper background and thin 1/4" cardstock strips that match the card base.  Here's my card for the challenge:


I stamped and colored the square Santa image, then tilted it slightly so the fracture strips would be angled. I added a few tiny clay peppermint pieces to the top and bottom strips.




2 comments:

AndrejaM said...

Seveda — tukaj je kratek in prijazen komentar:

Such a beautiful card! I love the creative fractured card technique and the festive design. The details come together beautifully. Thank you for sharing your creativity with us at the 52 CCT Challenge!

TracyB said...

Such a wonderful card. Your fracture shows off your Santa to perfection. Thanks for creating along with my technique challenge over on the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown.