Monday, August 1, 2011

Same inspiration but two different cards!

Since we're celebrating our second anniversary at Practical Scrappers, this week will be full of challenges revolving around the number "two".

Today's challenge is to create two cards from the same sketch or using the same item(s) BUT the cards themselves have to be different. I used this sketch from Sassy Lil Sketches to make two cards:


For the Fall card, I used my Cricut to die cut the leaves (Doodlecharms cartridge, cut at 1.25")and then adhered them to the card front with pen stitching. I added some bakers' twine, a button, and alpha stickers for my sentiment.



For the Christmas card, I used my Cricut again to cut 1.25" circles on a 4.25" x 5.5" rectangle for the card front (you could also use a circle punch). I stamped and colored the reindeer and Santa images and then placed them behind the circle cutouts, with Santa peeking out of the center circle. I added a ribbon bow and a sticker sentiment at the bottom.

Same sketch but two completely different cards.  We'd love to see your take on today's challenge, so please share it on the Practical Scrappers' blog!

No comments: