Thursday, October 18, 2018

Cards in Envy - favorite holiday

The current challenge at Cards in Envy is to make a card celebrating your favorite holiday.  Well, even though I love Halloween, Christmas is by far my favorite holiday!   Here's my Christmas card:

Sentiment stamp: My Favorite Things - Pine cone stamps:  Stampers Anonymous

I stamped the sentiment with red ink and then embossed with clear embossing powder.  The images were stamped in black ink, then colored with Tombow markers.  The edges were embossed with gold embossing enamel.  This was the first time I had used that product, and I ended up with some embossing speckles in the top right corner.  It actually added to the rustic look of the card, so I just added a few sprinkles of copper mist to make the speckles look more intentional, LOL!  The stamped card front was adhered to a brown shimmery card, which blends nicely with the pine bough stamps.




2 comments:

Sandy Trefger said...

Beautiful Christmas holiday card! Love how you did the pinecones in the corners! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.

wendipooh13 said...

such a fun holiday card and love the embossing on it!!! thanks for playing with Cards In Envy!!!!